Due to these issues, we decided to toss out the CC option for the moment, and return to networking issues. Also, there was a CharacterMovement abstract class defined that defined a couple abstract methods for moving a character, and setting a character's rotation (amount of rotation is always determined by look scripts/cameras).
On the networking side of things, we did implement a PlatformManagerScript that would create platforms across the network. These platforms would be instantiated by all clients that connected to the server. Because they are not moving yet, they remain in perfect synchronization, which can't be said for the characters.
For today's (Friday's) goals:
- Polish character movement across network
- Start a basic ability implementation (cone push)
- If there is time, attempt to push this over the network
- Creating & Joining server
- Characters can move & cast an ability over the network
- Main menu, settings, basic HUD, basic lobby (possibly chat), pause menu
- Respawning after 'death'
- Scorekeeping, win/loss condition